Thursday, January 10, 2013 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News
We have released the v1.09.3 (1.1 RC) beta for Start8 today. Start8 brings back the start menu missing in Windows 8, and offers other customizations to help make Windows 8 work the way you want to.
Changelog for v1.1 RC:
- Added new start button images
- Added option to disable multiple monitor corner stickiness feature of Windows 8 Added option to make right clicking the start button when at the bottom of the screen open the Win + X menu Modified custom places to support libraries Added support for automatically checking for updates every week (control from About page) Right clicking on empty areas of the Start menu shows the Configure
- Start8 option.
- Tweaked pin to start menu code
- Added support for shell: link execution via search Modified jumplist code to handle case of pinning an item resulting in the unpinned items disappearing sometimes Modified jumplist code to handle the case of pinned items not showing after clearing recent docs lists Tweaked jumplists code to handle jumplists not showing for all apps when recently opened programs option is disabled in the OS.
- Modified config UI to grey out the inactive start menu style.
- Tweak to resolve a rare race condition crash on guest account login.
- Modified code to make recently run apps list update directly after launches rather than after the next time the menu is closed.
- Menu key on keyboard now opens menu for selected search results.
- Additional workaround for slow recent apps list population due to Windows defender bug.
- Added German and Chinese (Simplified) localization
A free trial and more information can be found at the Start8 website. We are also running a special Windows 8 bundle which includes both Start8 and Decor8 for just $7.99!