Wednesday, January 16, 2013 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News
Start8 1.1 was released today with many improvements and features such as multi-monitor support for the Start button, custom places support, additional languages, and more. Start8 is the “best solution” for the missing Start Menu on Windows8 by USA Today, Forbes, CBS News and Lifehacker!
Full changelog for v1.1 can be found here, but here are the highlights:
- Added drag & drop including rearranging items in the all programs tree.
- Added rename support in the tree
- Added feature : Folders pinned to the startmenu allow you to view the first X items as a jumplist
- Added opening Winkey+X menu option instead of start menu
- Added feature : Custom places locations. Add a Dropbox location for example.
- Additional language support
A free trial and more information can be found at the Start8 website.